We are a friendly PSP group looking for dependable members and taggers. Regular posting is required or membership will be deleted.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

MIA huge spine surgery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ilene

PostSubject: MIA huge spine surgery   Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:52 am

Darn, put this in the wrong place!!  Hopefully all will see now. ♥️

This is a revised copy and paste of another MIA I had to post.

Thursday big spine surgery takes place - I had another one in May, bc I was scared and went the less invasive route.

For those of you that know the spine- this was my lumbar spine.  The level was L4-L5 being operated on.  The bone was moving around and nerves were getting trapped.  To sort of over simplify here is where I am at since then.  The fusion never fused.  My last dics which is just under that level (L5-S1) is no longer there- it and the bone around it is ash.  He told me his cage and the titanium screws wouldn't move if I fell out of a 50 story window.  One titanium screw broke and another ended up in the joint in the level above (L3-L4). Now I need surgery on all three levels, rods, arthritis scraped, bone grafts, a new cage bc he used plastique instead of titanium and more stuff I don't need to further bore anyone on. 

Also my never been high before pressure was as high as 202/124 - various real life situations have me stressed to the max. and of course the surgery in the back of my mind.

So scared of the pain I keep getting told by well meaning people that I am in store for and scared of the heavy duty pain meds,
that I fear so much bc I have such a problem with nausea, even non provoked by pain meds.

Plz keep positive thoughts for me for Thursday. 

I am terrified!!!  Will be in hospital 4 or 5 days, was told the worst of the recoup is 6-8 weeks.

My best to you all, happiness and health in the New Year!!  Huge hugzzz, Ilene

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MIA huge spine surgery   Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 pm

I am sending my thoughts and prayers to you.I hope you recover well and the pain subsides

Greta
xxx
Back to top Go down
twychy

PostSubject: Re: MIA huge spine surgery   Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 pm

I hope all goes well for you Thursday Ilene and that you find your fears unfounded.. big hugs xxxxxxxxxx

PostSubject: Re: MIA huge spine surgery   

Back to top Go down

MIA huge spine surgery
Page 1 of 1